The Stivers Athletic Hall of Fame is being
established in 2005 with the first class of inductees in 2006. The purpose is to recognize
athletes and coaches from Stivers High School to strengthen school, community and alumni
relations and to honor outstanding individuals who have contributed to sports at Stivers
August 28, 2006:
The Stivers Athletic Hall of Fame Committee has elected the
Bill Hosket '30, Gene Brown '46, Jim Morgan '53, Bob
Colburn '29, Kermit Davis '43, Bill O'Neill '47, Ken Thompson '53, Gene Millard '53, Chuck
Grigsby '47, Vern Woods '53, Dale Andrews '49, Jim Hanby and Bob Milthaler '51
Floyd Stahl, Harry Wilhelm, Skip LaRue, Jim Hanby and Chuck
Qualifications for nomination are:
- Male or
Female, any sport, any era.
- May be
coaches or administrators.
- Must be of
high moral standards.
- May be
community members who have contributed to Stivers High School athletics. (Honorary award)
- Must be
graduated or out of the athletic program for at least seven years. Coaches must have been
retired from the coaching staff at least three years.
The Nominating Committee consists of eleven (11) members
and the Election Committee will have fifteen (15) members. Each term is for two years. Any
vacancies occurring will be appointed by the Hal of Fame Chairman. Commencing in 2006 ten
members will be inducted, then six will be inducted each year there after.
Please participate in nominating a deserving athlete by
calling 1-937-842-6635 for details or for a nominating form.
Only accomplishments in the high school years count,
regardless of accomplishments in college, pro, etc.
Person responsible for nominations must provide
verification of awards.
Only athletic accomplishments, championships, captains,
etc. are considered.
The nomination committee consists of nine members with a
goal of one from each decade. They will choose from a list of nominees,select ten (10),
then a list of their accomplishments are mailed to the election committee consisting of
fifteen (15) members. The election committee may consist of nominee members, high school
booster representatives, Alumni Association representatives, former Hall of Fame Members
or persons with a vested interest in sports at Stivers High School.
When we tally the votes,we will mail a congratulatory
letter to the inductee, request them to verify or correct their criteria, request three
(3) photographs, one for electric engraving on a 5x7 plaque, one for newspaper information
and one for the printer of the program.
If you have any suggestions, please call me, Ed Tate, at
write me at -- Tate's Sporting Goods
11379 Ash Ave
Lakeview, (Indian Lake) Ohio 43331
STIVERS HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC HALL OF
Nominating Committee Members
- Ed Tate Stivers '48 Sporting Goods Owner
- John Pontisso Stivers '48 Retired Principal and Teacher
- Ralph Andrews Stivers '48 Retired Teacher
- Kermit Davis Stivers '44 Retired Teacher and Coach
- Jim Morgan Stivers '53 Retired Teacher,Coach and
Thoroughbred Horse Owner and Trainer
- Darwin Helmbold Stivers '43 Retired Teacher and Coach
- Gene Seman Stivers '48 Class Chairman
- Joe Fanelli Stivers '43 Retired Lt. on Dayton Fire Dept.
- Gene Millard Stivers '53 Retired Teacher,Coach and Athletic
Director- Bexley High School
- Sally Millard Stivers '53 Realtor and Director of Bexley
H.S. Athletic Hall of Fame
- Larry Shadowens Stivers '57 Retired Teacher and Coach ( Not
- Ann Rougier Stivers H.S. Athletic Director (Not confirmed)
- Open and pending
ADVISORS TO COMMITTEE
- Don Lange Stivers '47 Retired Physical Therapist
- Karl Ritz Stivers '47 Retired U.S. Army Lt. Colonel
- Blanche Kitchen Widow of Joe Kitchen '58
- Chuck Fearing Stivers '53 Former Dayton Police Officer
- Joe Dietrich Stivers '46 Retired Teacher
Please send any suggestions or nominations (with proof of
awards) and our Nominations Committee will consider all candidates.
Ed Tate 11379 Ash Ave Lakeview, (Indian Lake) Ohio 43331
KEEP THE TIGER ROARING